Dell Latitude E6410 - will not enter hibernation or sleep
I have a Dell Latitude E6410 operating Windows 7, 64bit purchased in Sept 2010.
I have noticed that for the last few weeks that I am not longer able to put the laptop into sleep or hibernation.
When I try the screen goes blank (black) but in all other
respects the laptop remains active and does not go into hibernation / sleep.
I end up forcing a shut down and then get an illegal shutdown message on startup.
This is becoming very frustrating.
what can I do?
I suspect that this was triggered by a Microsoft update.
Anwsers to the Problem Dell Latitude E6410 - will not enter hibernation or sleep
And what update might that have been, a driver update perhaps?
And if you visit Dell support, enter your Tag# are there any important updates?
Dell also have inbuilt test utilities, and a Dell specific pc check utility
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix Dell Latitude E6410 - will not enter hibernation or sleep
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Dell Latitude E6410 - will not enter hibernation or sleep:
How to Fix Dell Latitude E6410 - will not enter hibernation or sleep with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 6100/nForce 420 WHQL Certified driver v.178.13,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Driver v.295.75 Certified,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce 820M Driver v.344.48 WHQL,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 560M VGA Driver v.296.17 Certified,Way to Update & Herunterladen NVidia GeForce GT 130M Video Treiber v.295.75 Certified,How to Update & Download SONY SVE14A1X1RH Realtek Ethernet Driver,Where to Download SONY SVS13A2W9ES Bluetooth Driver (Intel) v.2.6 - 220.127.116.11059,Best Way to Update & Download SONY VGN-CR203E Conexant HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Setup Program v.18.104.22.168 driver,Best Way to Download SONY VGN-FE790G/N Wireless LAN Driver v.10.6.0.29,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR31Z/S Firmware Extension Parser Device v.22.214.171.124,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error
Read More: How to Fix - cursor unresponsive after startup?,Delete \"bing\",Troubleshooter of Error: Dashboard help - summing and ranking items,[Solved] Cursor sticks with irregular occurences and I have to force shut down and restart,How to Fix Error - Date problem with emails received in Internet Explorer.?