AOL Instant Messenger 7.5 won't work with my Windows 7 64-bit HPG72 laptop after installation
I install AIM from aim.com then press the chat button and I get the User Account Control Run Dialog which I say yes to, and AIM loses focus.
I get program manager unavailable.
then I'm back at the desktop list and I see a retry Aim installation.
enter on that and it took me through the installation again, saying it had successfully installed.
Then I tried launching AIM again, and I get nothing.
Solutions to the Problem AOL Instant Messenger 7.5 won't work with my Windows 7 64-bit HPG72 laptop after installation
1) What is the exact error code or error message?
2) Was there any changes made to the computer prior to the issue?
3) When was the last time AOL Instant Messenger worked as expected?
Method 1: Try clean boot to look for other software conflicts with AIM application.
Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow Step 7 “Reset the computer to start as usual” section from the above link, which will reset the computer to start as usual.
Method 2: Run the AOL Instant Messenger as “Administrator” following the article below.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: AOL Instant Messenger 7.5 won't work with my Windows 7 64-bit HPG72 laptop after installation:
How to Fix AOL Instant Messenger 7.5 won't work with my Windows 7 64-bit HPG72 laptop after installation with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Troubleshoot:An error has occurred in the script on this page” while playing Oberon games from msn,Any time I open Word or Excel it needs to configure. Why and how do I fix it?,How to Fix - all programs especially windows internet explorer not responding?,Tech Support: Anything I type in the search engine immediately closes IE 8.,How to Fix Problem - Am logged on to the Wa State Empl page but cannot get the check boxes on the application to show up on my computer. My computer is a Toshiba Laptop, running MS Windows XP Home Edition 2002. I have pop up blocker turned off.?,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open