Associate http protocol with IE8 instead of Firefox
I have been trying to associate http protocol with IE8 and have not been successful. When I go to 'Default Programs' and try to associate http with IE8, it is not shown as an option. I only see Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari. The check mark that
indicates Firefox as the program for http is greyed out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Solutions to the Problem Associate http protocol with IE8 instead of Firefox
1. What is the version of Windows you are using?
2. Are you able to open or access websites using Internet explorer?
I would suggest that you make Internet explorer as the default web browser on the computer and later check if the http protocol is associated with Internet explorer.
a) Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
b) If a message is displayed asking if you want Internet Explorer to be your default browser, click Yes.
That's all you need to do.
If a message does not appear, go to the next step.
c) Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
d) Click the Programs tab, and then click Make default.
e) Click OK and then close Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer is now the default web browser.
Change your default web browser
Change which programs Windows uses by default
Hope this helps!
Halima S - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Associate http protocol with IE8 instead of Firefox has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Associate http protocol with IE8 instead of Firefox:
How to Fix Associate http protocol with IE8 instead of Firefox with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Resolve - BACKUP NOT SUCCESSFUL?,How to Fix Problem - ATI radeon graphics driver not working after 7 Home Premium upgrade from Vista.?,Tech Support: At startup an error message says \"Windows failed to start. A recent software or hardware change may be the cause\". I startup using \"launch startup repair\" option, but this results in a blue screen. What is the fix to problem?__,automatically insert text in cell based on adjacent cell?,How to Resolve - Backup skipped backing up E:\\My Documents as it is on the backup target. Error 0x81000006?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?