Bug when closing Office window?
I have 400 documents that I shall open, check and then close again.
I open them one at a time in explorer, check what I should check then close them.
With programs that works the window will close and I'll be back in the explorer.
But with Word and
other Office programs I won't come back to the Explorer.
Apparently there is a bug that makes Windows consider all Word windows as one, so instead of just closing the window it also tabs me over to a completely unrelated Word window which happens to be open.
So in short, the bug causes Word to also switch over to another open Word window instead of just closing the one I was using.
Is there a way to get around this bug? It’s really annoying when Microsoft tells me that I want to switch to another window 400 times in a work day when I don’t want to switch windows at all.
Keys to the Problem Bug when closing Office window?
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Bug when closing Office window?:
How to Fix Bug when closing Office window? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: Troubleshooting:C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\INETCPL.CPL IS NOT A WIN 32 APPLICATION.,[Anwsered] calculate weighted average excluding blank rows,[Solved] Brand new Computer, connects to unidentified network, Please help?,Bookmarking a website creates 2 entries in favorites Tech Support,Troubleshoot:Booting the computer to normal mode the screen flashs blue and then restarts Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work